Peru

Peru

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

THE DOUBLE DRAGON

This week was cray. Started out with trying to get ahold of Hermana canasas family who basically live like the omish it felt like. no internet. so after the third day of no luck i decided to listen to what she was telling her neighbor to do and she just kept asking for them to go check her house ad see if they were there so then i came in like the daughter of Todd Larsen would and made a plan and said we will call at this hour tomorrow. and success! thanks dad.
We made cinnomin rolls with the relief society thursday and they dont have ovens so we used like brick ovens that they have it was rad. wasnt as good though cause they like their bread kindof hard and while they were cooking i said you can take them out and they were like but they just barely turned brown. Basically they were rocks. but the honeys loved them. It is important to take time with members because they are the ones who help us with people who need us.
The double d. I´m going to be completely honest here so be aware. I was feeling an upset stomach which is normal after lunch and we taught a few lessons one of which was amazing with Fany who asked what happens with people who die and didnt get to be baptized. Great way to talk about the temple. She said it is fair that we have things like baptism for the dead. she is amazing and i love her. Anyway, after that lesson we were walkijng and I told my comp. i think i might throw up today. But we kept walking and the whole time i was thinking okay where am i going to do this there are tons of peeps walking on the streets and grass is rare....so we get to a corner where there are little cement planter boxes of grass and i aimed for it and right before my comp said no you cant. (all trying to be nice i know) but she like grabbed me as if preventing me from doing it and in my head i was just ike girl please just let me do my thang. Anyway, we got permission to go back to the room, and then the second round came. Right after I was like okay i can do this I need to work hard even when i dont feel good, just really felt the urge to work. and my comp said no. which is good cause right after it hit again. basically the zone leaders came during the show (double dragon) and it was kinda weird cuse i know they could hear everything haha. I was trying to laugh during it cuse honestly i was grateful for a small bathroom where you can do business and reach the sink at the same time. blessings. The nurse came and after a few attempts of keeping a nausea pill down we hit success! I was able to sleep the whole night and all was well. The next morning I woke up and just remembered a quote from one of the 70 that spoke in the CCM ´´the measure of a missionary is not how hard they work when they feel their best, but how hard they work when they feel their worst´´ and i really felt that I needed to go to sacrament so i dressed and told my comp. we are going to sacrament. within an hour we were back in or room but i know we needed to go for some reason. I think god just wanted me to act on the spirit and once he saw that i acted he said okay no go rest. haha But, fany called while we were at church wanting the address to the church where she has to go every saturday and sunday to sleep at her aunts and we were ablt to get her the address. I was able to sleep all day yesterday and read the beautiful scriptures In english cause i didnt want to think too hard. They are amazing. 
I saw a dog the other day oh my gosh i wish i took a picture! Ït looked like it had utters of a cow. Also it was a weiner dog so the stomach was just waggin and draggin on the floor it was so funny! 
I am grateful to be a missionary, and am learning a lot. Hope you all have a wonderful Halloween and send me pictures of your sweet costumes! and please eat some hersheys or something for me! Luh u!!
hna. Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment