Peru

Peru

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Will I stay or will i go????? biting my nails

Mis queridos como están? 

Well another week bites the dust.  I just love bein here in the mission. Yes there are times that are tough, days where you cant physically stand up any longer, and times of desperation and anxiety of not knowing what to do. Now, let me tell you why i love being here in the mission. I am so happy. I´ve learned a lot this week to depend on the Lord. Sometimes i feel like i need to be strong for the converts, for the struggling members, for my companion, but i have realized that its not the way i need to be. I think a lot of the time people want to be independant, or self-sufficient, but i have realized that I can not do this work without depening on the lord. With Walter, I have been wracking my brain trying to find the way to help him understand of the covenant that he has made. He is ´´on paper´´ doing great. He reads the book of mormon and prays everyday has desires to share the gospel with everyone, and i mean everyone. I wanted to find a way to help him feel the power of the Atonement. One day, i just began my study with a prayer and just unloaded everything on the Lord, and just felt like he was helping me worry for his child. I know that I can´t do this work on my own, i nee dthe lords help with everything and he is the only one who knows the needs of every person. 

The other day satan was trying to get us down. Every single one of our appointments fell through. So we really walked from 10 a.m. to 1. and then from 3-8 haha. Even though it just didn{t happen that day, we were just so happy chatting with each other. I can honestly say that i have a best friend that lives in a different country, but i know that we will always remember our time together. She is doing great in her English, and i know that she will be able to have a better career in her house if she continues to learn more. Every night i pray that in the next changes she can continue witht a gringa companion. Have an amazing week my frineds and family!

remember this pic? last supper and we ate rice! what was i thinking???



No comments:

Post a Comment