Peru

Peru

Thursday, January 15, 2015

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO a todos

Hey hey hey. 

New year. New me. jk. same old me commin atcha from AREQUIPA PERU! Miracle of the week: It rained for the first time in about a year and this morning there is snow on MISTI!! unfortunately it is still about 78 degrees....haha JEALOUS of all the skiers and all that are playing with some real snow! 

Imma be brief today cause SO OUT OF TIME ALREADY! 

 THE PASTOR  This guy is more than a pastor in his church he is equal to our prophet for his christian orginization and.....he is awesome. One of the coolest lessons i have had so far in my mission.  The first lesson was good but when we were preparing for the second lesson we both said if he isnt going to change or something we need to spend our time doing something else. I felt the spirit so strong guiding me during our lesson and know it was because i had studied and prayed extra hard to have the support of the lord with me for tito. I asked him what he wouold do if he came to knowing that LDS churhc is true and he sat and thought and said. ¨¨I would ask forgiveness from the Lord and change my ways´´ I further asked him if he would be baptized when he comes to know that the book of mormon was true and promised he could know by a certain day and he said, Do you know how much I have to lose with this decision. In this new year I know the lord is preparing me for something better´´ I shared my experience of leaving for the mission and said i left a good life doing good things for something better and he said that he would be baptized if he got his answer. The next time we came, he told us he had a dream that the prophet joseph smith came to him and he woke up feeling a beating in his heart that he couldnt describe. pause. (I dont know what it is with peruvians and dreams but EVERYONE and their dogs are having them these days)  He then went off on how the book of mormon and bible are super similar and honestly i could tell you a million things that he said and tat i said but the coolest thing ever is that I truly felt the gift of tongues and after our lesson we cooked with him and his mom ROCO RELLENO! yummers. and then after we taught again cause he was really thinking it through and said i am going to have to find a new job and everything. He is really willing to change, just has fear of losing everything. I told him to read the story in alma 22 whwere the king said he would give up his whole kingodm to know the truth. He is awesome and i told him that I knew he felt the spirit when I asked him to be baptized and he goes, you felt that too?? AGHHH i love when they recognize it. 

The pastor is the only person we got going for us. 

I LOVE TEACHING. sometimes it is hard when i know my comp doesnt want to do it, but i know that is what we are called to do and by golly i am gonna do it! 

HAPPY NEW YEARS, we were in our rooms by 9 and woke up at 12 to the fireworks and went out to the street to watch them for a bit.  NEW YEARS we got an email saying that we would wake up new years day and start it off right. READING THE WHOLE BOOK OF MORMON. it was super hard focusing for more than 9 hours but i loved feeling edified and that i needed to share certain stories or scriptures for certain people, and read some scriptures that i needed to hear. I will send this page that is the Book of Mormon in 90 days that we are asking everyone to read. I encourage every single one of you to do it. it is not hard cause they are verses and chapters specifically super easy, not long. just a little erry day. 

30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
 31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.

I needed to read this scripture. the fruits of this labor arent little, seeds are planted erry day. now go read this wonderful book yall.   

Luh u all wish you the worlds best week. Hit the gym for all of you who set the goal to lose your winter coat! haha 

ciau!

xoxo hna larsen





No comments:

Post a Comment